Welcome to the South Dakota Petroleum and Propane Marketers Association. Founded in 1918, we are the only association in South Dakota who represents those in the petroleum and propane business exclusively. The association represents mom and pop stations, bulk fuels, wholesalers, ancillary businesses that support the owners and operators, pipelines, and oil companies. Our Motto, “An organization serving its members by coordinating their common interests through group effort,” reflects the commitment to all members.
Dawna Leitzke, Executive Director, has been the voice of the association for 28 years. The SDP2MA Board of Directors represents each segment of the industry and is located throughout the state of South Dakota. These twelve volunteers work hard to represent the best interests of the entire industry.
How We Help Our Members
We offer many services to members including:
- An endorsed insurance company (Federated Insurance Company)
- Certified Employee Training Program for the propane industry
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) Owner/Operator Training for all entities in the state of South Dakota who operate USTs
- Regulatory and legislative updates on both the state and federal level
- Annual convention and Petro Expo
- Lobbying efforts on both the state and federal level
- Personal response to members questions and concerns, and many other benefits to members and those in the petroleum and propane business.
For a minimal amount, you gain a full-time employee who will provide you with relevant and timely information to assist you in keeping your business up to date and in compliance on a state and federal level.